The Arkansas Medical Marijuana Commission was created under Article §19 of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment of 2016. The Commission is tasked with administering and regulating the issuance of licenses to operate medical marijuana dispensaries and cultivation facilities, and will work with the support of Alcoholic Beverage Control to implement and enforce the requirements of the amendment.
Membership of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Commission is composed of five individuals; each serving a four-year term. Members are appointed as follows: one member is appointed by the Governor of Arkansas; two members are appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Arkansas Senate; and two members are appointed by the Speaker of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
On December 7, 2016, the inaugural members of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Counsel were announced. The members are:
- Dr. Ronda Henry-Tillman, M.D. - Chairwoman (Appointed by Governor Hutchinson)
- James Miller (Appointed by Senator Dismang)
- Dr. J. Carlos Roman M.D. (Appointed by Senator Dismang) (2 Year Term)
- Dr. Stephen J. Carroll, PharmD. (Appointed by Representative Gillam) (2 Year Term)
- Travis W. Story, Esq. (Appointed by Representative Gillam)